News and updates from Paul and Cathy Middleton, serving in southern Africa.

04 January 2010

Another Long Day in the Saddle

Just got back from a 750 mile (1200 km) day, a lot of which was spent in clouds dodging thunderstorms. I got back to White River just before dark and just before it started hoofing it down with rain.


I went to Jo'burg International pick up a Spanish family and drop them off at a dirt strip near the Moz/Zim border. I will pick them up again on Friday and take them on up through Botswana to Zimbabwe.

On the way to Jo'burg I was able to help another mission family who work in N. Moz and who had been down in SA over Christmas to have a baby. This baby became my youngest ever passenger at just 6 weeks! This saved Anne and the kids a five day 4x4 drive back to N. Moz which her husband was having to do.


Always worth looking right, left, and right again at T junctions at Jhb.


Not too obvious in this next pic but at the dirt strip where I droped them off, I had to chase away an Elephant before I could safely take off again.


Paul

1 comment:

Mick said...

that's some day in the office! couildn't be more different here, -9c yesterday, snow again today and schools off, much to teh delight of some in our household...