News and updates from Paul and Cathy Middleton, serving in southern Africa.

08 February 2010

Hot and Getting Hotter

WARNING! The following article may upset some readers in the northern hemisphere.

It was hot yesterday, and it is hot today - about 30 deg.

I casually clicked on the weeks weather forecast on the web to be confronted with the following declaration:

So tomorrow will dip to a mere 29 deg but from then on the week goes ballistic. I dread to think what it'll be next Monday when we take a team for a week into Moz - where it is usually much hotter!

Below is a pic of my watch, on my arm, submerged in the pool on the Mercy Air farm today. The temperature of the water is indicated on the bottom.

Paul

4 comments:

Mick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mick said...

Hmmm 31.5c - nah i think the water at Badplaas was hotter, admittedly with some additional help :-)

Caroline Gilbert said...

Good grief, for years I have proudly recounted tales of my 'Missionary friends' who inhabit the wilderness, living chiefly on seeds and berries and bringing goodness to their fellow humans....only to ind tha they are, in fact, sporting designer bling whilst enjoying the pool in the tropics !

Just remind me again why Britain is Great ?!!!

Paul and Cathy said...

Pilot's got to have a good watch!